Salad for breakfast?? It’s definitely a yes when you add seasonal fruit, a creamy cinnamon-yogurt dressing, and protein-rich OHi Bar “croutons”. Not only is this a beautiful and fresh breakfast, but it’s a great way to jump-start your day with nutritious veggies. This salad is easy enough to throw together on busy weekdays (especially if you make a big batch of the dressing in advance!), but special enough to serve at a brunch party.
(For one breakfast portion; scale up or down as needed)
- 2 tbsp vanilla yogurt of choice
- Generous few pinches of cinnamon
- 2 c baby spinach
- Large handful of grapes, ideally of multiple colors
- Few fresh figs
- 1 Almond Crunch OHi Bar
- To make the dressing, stir together the yogurt and cinnamon. Add a dash or more of water if needed to thin it out.
- Lay the spinach out on a plate.
- Cut the grapes into halves and the figs into quarters or halves, then scatter them across the top of the spinach.
- Drizzle the salad liberally with the yogurt dressing.
- Cut the OHi Bar into small square “croutons” and add them to the top of the salad.
- Keep it vegan by using a plant-based yogurt.
- Keep it free of added sugar by using an unsweetened yogurt.
- Change up the fruit, for example by using berries during the summer, peaches and cherries during the late summer, or apples and pears during the fall.
- Make it decadent (and kid-appropriate!) by drizzling a bit of additional maple syrup over the salad.
- Need a breakfast side dish? Make half-sized or quarter-sized portions and serve them alongside your favorite waffles or pancakes for added nutrition and freshness.
This recipe was developed and photographed by Lee of @TheRogueBrusselSprout. She creates seasonal, monthly recipes using OHi Bars, all of which you can find on our blog. You can find Lee’s blog at www.TheRogueBrusselSprout.com.