Black Forest Cake is an iconic holiday dessert, so why not have it for breakfast too? This protein-rich, good-for-the-body breakfast parfait units juicy cherries, creamy vanilla yogurt, and chocolatey OHi Bars for a classic Black Forest flavor profile without all the added sugar or dairy. The combination of juicy, creamy, and crunchy textures is delightful. Enjoy these easy to make breakfast parfaits all holiday season long!
(for one breakfast portion; multiply as needed)
- ½ c fresh or frozen sweet red cherries
- ½ c vanilla yogurt
- 1 Almond Dark Chocolate OHi Bar
- Remove the pits from the cherries and cut them into quarters.
- If using frozen cherries, let them gradually warm up to room temperature. Put them in a fine-mesh sieve or colander and press them gently to allow any excess liquid to drain off.
- Cut the OHi Bar into small cubes.
- In a serving glass, layer the cherries, yogurt, and OHi Bar chunks however you like. Save a dollop of yogurt and one OHi chunk for garnishing the top!
- For a vegan version: use vegan yogurt.
- To avoid added sugar: use unsweetened yogurt.
- Hosting a holiday brunch? Make mini versions to serve alongside your other brunch dishes!
- Make it dessert-worthy by drizzling the parfait with your favorite chocolate sauce and/or by adding a dollop of whipped cream or whipped coconut cream on top.
- Looking for an easy breakfast for meal-prep? You can make a few of these at once in small jars! Just keep the yogurt layer in between the cherries and the OHi Bar chunks so that the bars don’t get soggy.
This recipe was developed and photographed by Lee of @TheRogueBrusselSprout. She creates seasonal, monthly recipes using OHi Bars, all of which you can find on our blog. You can find Lee’s blog at www.TheRogueBrusselSprout.com.