This Apple Pie Breakfast Parfait is as festive as it is nourishing. Make it all fall long (and especially on Thanksgiving morning!) for a breakfast that is seasonal, fun and comforting, yet also nutritious and loaded with satisfying protein. The combination of succulent apples, creamy yogurt and an OHi Almond Crunch crumble come together exactly like apple pie with ice cream on top. Hosting visitors for Thanksgiving? Set up a make-your-own parfait bar for breakfast so that everyone can start the day off right.
Ingredients (per parfait; scale up as needed)
- Medium-size apple
- Dash of coconut oil (or butter; vegan if desired)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of salt
- Almond Crunch OHi Superfood Bar
- 0.25 c yogurt of choice (vegan if desired)
- Few roasted or maple-roasted pecans
1. Dice up an apple, then sauté it over medium heat with a dash of coconut oil or butter for a few minutes until barely tender.
2. Decrease the heat to low and add in the maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Continue cooking for several more minutes until the apple is tender and resembles apple pie filling.
3. Dice up an Almond Crunch OHi Bar.
4. In a tall glass, layer the apple mixture, OHi Bar and yogurt as desired. Top it with a few roasted pecans.